Riding your bike can be a great thrill in itself at times, but it can also be nice to have some cycling headphones to listen to music, podcasts and more with at the same time.
Here are five of the best wireless sport earbuds, perfect for using while cycling (although make sure, of course, that you can still hear your own surroundings at the same time in case of emergency, either by only using one earbud at once or by using earphones with an ‘ambient noise’ setting).
Key Features for Cycling Headphones + Earbuds
When you’re looking for either the best earbuds for cycling or even a pair of cycling headphones, there are various things you should take into account, especially:
- Do the earphones/headphones have touch control so that you can control (e.g. play, pause and skip) music easily from the headphones?
- Do they have ambient sound settings so that you can head what’s going in the enviroment around you?
- Is the sound quality good?
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep the wheels of Discerning Cyclist turning.
Learn more here.
Top 5: Best Earbuds for Cyclists
Best Bluetooth Headphones + Earbuds for Cycling
The only official headphones of choice by England Athletics, this ‘open-ear’ design from AFTERSHOKZ makes them even safer for running, cycling and driving.
Available in either black, blue, grey, red or ‘canyon red’, these earphones come with a portable storage case which prevents your device from bumps and scratches, is fitted with Bluetooth 4.2, and has a battery life of six hours.
What’s more, its Trekz Titanium wraparound headband is lightweight and flexible, designed to provide you with maximum comfort, while its PremiumPitch+ feature guarantees a superb audio quality, and its LeakSlayer function reduces natural sound leakage by 75 per cent.
When it comes to value for money, these could well be the best wireless headphones for cycling that you’ll find.
- OFFICIALLY RECOGNISED - The only official headphones chosen by England Athletics. Nothing in/on/over your ears. Our OPEN EAR DESIGN makes it safer for running, cycling and driving.
- EXCLUSIVE PACK - Includes Trekz Titanium and AfterShokz portable storage case. The OpenFit headphone design ensures maximum situational awareness and the case protects your favourite device from bumps...
- PATENTED BONE CONDUCTION TECHNOLOGY - AfterShokz has 300 patents worldwide. PremiumPitch+ provides a premium audio experience. LeakSlayer reduces natural sound leakage by 75%. Audrey Says guides users...
Available in black, white or yellow, these top wireless earbuds from Samsung sync easily to your smartphone, smartwatch and tablets through Bluetooth, and deliver a supreme, clear sound quality for good measure.
I still use the original Galaxy Buds, which are great. But with the PLUS model, they’ve boosted battery life to a whopping 11 hours and have significantly improved the ambient sound features and built-in (they’re also available in this beautiful blue colour, as well as black and white).
They’re incredible intuitive, with great battery life and are extremely easy to use. And they look pretty cool too – all of which helps make them the best bluetooth earbuds for cycling.
And if you’re on your bike, then fear not, because these buds come with its own ‘Ambient Mode’ setting, which can be activated with a single tap, so you won’t cut yourself off from what’s around you when you put these in your ears.
A soft yet strong design, these are perhaps the best wireless Bluetooth earbuds buds, and they form perfectly according to the shape of your ears, promising you a perfect fit, as well.
In my opinion, these are the top Bluetooth earbuds available today. With excellent touch control functions and ambient sound, they could also be the bet earbuds for cycling.
- Superior sound: Crisp high notes, powerful basslines and clear sound. The soundtrack to your life just got a significant upgrade
- Quality calls: Experience crystal clear calling with Galaxy Buds+’s adaptive three microphone system
- Ambient Sound: With next generation Ambient Sound, you decide exactly how much outside noise you want to let in
The most expensive on the list but certainly the most hi-tech, these ‘Powerbeats’ cycling earphones from Beats by Dr. Dre offer you as much as nine hours of listening time (and more than 24 hours with charging case), and are among the best headphones for cycling.
Whether in black, ivory, moss or navy, these high-performance wireless earphones boast a seriously slick design, too, with adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks designed for ease and comfort as you cycle with them.
And that’s not all. Its reinforced design makes it sweat and water-resistant, which will come in handy during more taxing cycles, and each earbud has its own volume and track controls, as well voice capability and auto-play and pause buttons.
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks for lightweight comfort and stability
Best Cheap Wireless Earphones for Cycling
Perhaps you can’t quite justify spending as much on earphones as the three pricier models above. If that’s the case, then why not try out this design from ENACFIRE for under £40?
‘Enacfire Future’ offers you a built-in high-quality audio chip, so you can still hear your music clearly even less tranquil environments – again, ideal for cyclists. Its comfortable material offers a perfect into your ear, with no irritation or need to adjust.
It also possesses any impressive signal, with Bluetooth range of up to 20m, while its portable charging cabin gives you as much as 14 extra hours of play, on top of its standard four hours maximum playtime on a single charge.
No products found.
Finally, the cheapest option is never going to be the very best bluetooth headphones for cycling, but that dones’t mean they’re a poor investment. On the contrary, this model from Mpow should give you change from a 20, but rest assured, they’re still good quality earphones, without a doubt.
In either ‘pure grey’ or black, they offer you a brilliant battery life of up to 12 hours, while its IPX7 SweatGuard technology protects them from sweat and affords them a longer lifespan, making them ideal for many forms of physical exercise, not just cycling. And thanks to its Premium CSR chip, you can enjoy a high-definition stereo sound and full range high-quality audio, through flexible, comfortable ear hooks that not only work great, but look great, too.
No products found.
Discover Cool Cycling Accessories
- Best Smartwatches for Cycling
- Bike Locks
- Bike Lights
- 51 Gift Ideas for Cyclists (under £40)
- Plus Bike vs Fat Bike: Differences + Advantages Explained - September 20, 2021
- Cycling to Work in the Rain [Ultimate Tips for Commuters] - September 9, 2021
- Himiway Cruiser Review [Best Value Electric Fat Bike?] - September 7, 2021