It’s been a miserable day weather-wise, and with work done, it’s time for your cycle home through the drizzling, endless rain.
Thankfully, while most of your body might get soaked during your commute, your backside won’t, thanks to your own saving grace: a bicycle seat cover.
Whether waterproof to keep you (at least partially) dry, or padded, to enhance your comfort levels as you ride, a sturdy, soft bike seat is a must for any regular cyclists. Here are four of the best affordable designs you will find:
If a waterproof bike seat cover is your top priority, then look no further than this model from Kulannder, for a bargain £7.99. Not only will it help keep your saddle dry, but it will also prevent it from scratches or dirt.
But keep it dry it will most definitely will, thanks to its good-quality, durable, waterproof PVC. And, thanks to its seamless design, rain won’t work its way through the stitching, either.
Aside from that, it’s also simple to take on and off your bike – just put the cover around the saddle and then remove it when cycling – while its elasticity renders it suitable for almost any bike seats, whether it be on just a standard road bike, a mountain bike, a child’s bike, or many more.
- ★ Bicycle Saddle Cover with durable waterproof PVC, good quality, keep your seat dry and clean during rainy days. And our bike seat cover is seamless, so rain won’t come through the stitching….
- ★ Easy to use: this bike saddle bag is easy to put on and take off this bike cover, just put the cover around the saddle and remove it when you intend to ride.
- ★ Fits for most bike seats: Due to its extendable material, this waterproof bike saddle cover fits all bike saddles, from narrow to oversize,like normal bicycle, mountain bike and children bicycle….
According to the designers, KT-Sports, this is ‘the most comfortable cycle seat cover ever’. And, made with silicone gel to improve your comfort even further while riding, they may well be right.
Whereas many models can weaken and degrade over time through wear and tear, this gel bike seat cover is built to last. Not only that, but again, it’s a quick and easy padded bike seat cover to fit, and should accommodate most saddles.
Plus, its simple yet effective drawstring means this gel saddle cover should stay in place, so not only will you find yourself on a more comfortable bike saddle, you won’t have to keep stopping to re-adjust it.
- DO YOU HAVE A TOUGH TIME IN THE SADDLE? KT-Sports have designed the most comfortable cycle seat cover ever! Made with silicone gel this seat cover with be sure to have you riding for days!
- AMAZING COMFORT EVERY TIME YOU RIDE: Cycle seat covers can weaken and become useless after only a few uses. HOWEVER the KT-Sports Saddle seat cover is built to last!
- EASY AND QUICK FITTING FOR MOST BICYCLE SADDLES: With its simple technology, fitting the seat cover couldn’t be easier! Simple and effective drawstring with keep the cover in place!
Available in either black, blue, purple or red, this bike seat cover from WizMove is like no other.
Not only is it waterproof, but with more than 200g of high-quality, extra-soft silicone gel inside it, and its non-adherent under-surface, it is exceptionally comfortable to sit on. What’s more, the cover will stay in place, too, thanks two sticky silicone pads underneath which are designed to match your saddle.
Perfect for most bikes, the cover also offers great safety as well as comfort, thanks to its silicone pads, adjustable rope and sided straps. It also comes with a Premium Resistant Cover, which is ideal for protecting against dust, rain or sunshine.
- Space-saving bicycle storage
- Paint and tyre-preserving; For bike frames up to 4 cm
- Supports up to 25 kg; Can fold up when not in use
Any of these models from Basil will not only keep your saddle protected from the rain, but add a more stylish touch to your bike, too.
Whether it be a polka dot, floral design or many more, there are plenty of lovely patterns to decorate your bike saddle with, all easy to fit and all made from waterproof material.
Ranging from about £9 to £22, Basil offers you a great deal of both variation in the design, but also, crucially, in the way of protection from the rain. If you want to give your bike a unique look, one of these will certainly be for you.
Which Waterproof Bike Seat Cover Would You Recommend? Let Us Know In The Comments…