This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep Discerning Cyclist rolling. Learn more.
It’s been a miserable day weather-wise, and with work done, it’s time for your cycle home through the drizzling, endless rain.
Thankfully, while most of your body might get soaked during your commute, your backside won’t, thanks to your own saving grace: a bicycle seat cover.
Discerning Cyclist’s expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing cycling products so you don’t have to.
Testing stylish gear since 2012
Hundreds of hands-on product tests
Unfiltered opinions from experienced cyclists
Best Bike Seat Covers: Waterproof + Gel Options
Whether waterproof to keep you (at least partially) dry, or padded, to enhance your comfort levels as you ride, a sturdy, soft bike seat is a must for any regular cyclists. Here are four of the best affordable designs you will find:
If a waterproof bike seat cover is your top priority, then look no further than this model from Kulannder, for a bargain £7.99. Not only will it help keep your saddle dry, but it will also prevent it from scratches or dirt.
But keep it dry it will most definitely will, thanks to its good-quality, durable, waterproof PVC. And, thanks to its seamless design, rain won’t work its way through the stitching, either.
Aside from that, these waterproof saddle covers are also simple to take on and off your bike – just put the cover around the saddle and then remove it when cycling – while its elasticity renders it suitable for almost any bike seats, whether it be on just a standard road bike, a mountain bike, a child’s bike, or many more.
No products found.
According to the designers, KT-Sports, this is ‘the most comfortable cycle seat cover ever’. And, made with silicone gel to improve your comfort even further while riding, they may well be right.
Whereas many models can weaken and degrade over time through wear and tear, this gel bike seat cover is built to last. Not only that, but again, it’s a quick and easy padded bike seat cover to fit, and should accommodate most saddles.
Plus, its simple yet effective drawstring means this gel saddle cover should stay in place, so not only will you find yourself on a more comfortable bike saddle, you won’t have to keep stopping to re-adjust it.
This is one of the comfiest gel bike seat cvoers around and basically feels like a bike seat cushion.
- Is your bike seat being a real pain in the posterior? With our silicone gel filled bike seat cushion, you’ll be racing to get back in the saddle.
- Built to last from high quality materials, no matter how far you peddle, this durable gel bike seat cover isn’t going anywhere.
- Quick and easy to install, our ergonomic padded bike seat fits securely to your saddle – tightly cinched by an adjustable drawstring.
Available in either black, blue, purple or red, this bike seat cover from WizMove is like no other.
Not only is it waterproof, but with more than 200g of high-quality, extra-soft silicone gel inside it, and its non-adherent under-surface, it is exceptionally comfortable to sit on. What’s more, the cover will stay in place, too, thanks two sticky silicone pads underneath which are designed to match your saddle.
Perfect for most bikes, the cover also offers great safety as well as comfort, thanks to its silicone pads, adjustable rope and sided straps. It also comes with a Premium Resistant Cover, which is ideal for protecting against dust, rain or sunshine.
- Superior Gel Material - You can't enjoy your bicycle leisure time when you are suffering pain from your bike saddle. With Zacro soft gel seat cover on, most of the shocks will be absorbed. You will...
- Common Dimension: This gel seat saddle dimension is 27.94 x 20.32 cm
- The bike seat also fit for Spins Class and Indoor Cycling. Before ordering, please confirm that this bike seat cushion suits for your original bike seat.
Any of these models from Basil will not only keep your saddle protected from the rain, but add a more stylish touch to your bike, too.
Whether it be a polka dot, floral design or many more, there are plenty of lovely patterns to decorate your bike saddle with, all easy to fit and all made from waterproof material.
Ranging from about £9 to £22, Basil offers you a great deal of both variation in the design, but also, crucially, in the way of protection from the rain. If you want to give your bike a unique look, one of these will certainly be for you.
- The Basil Magnolia Saddle Cover is available in beautiful teal blue and is easy to attach to the saddle of your bike.
- The cover is made from durable waterproof material.
- The saddle cover brightens up any frame thanks to its fabulous floral print.
Discover More Winter Cycling Gear