Best Waterproof Cycling Jackets under £35 [4 Cheap Options for 2023]
Probably the most important accessory to have on you when you’re cycling in the winter months is a waterproof jacket.
That probably goes without saying. But you also need to make sure the jacket is lightweight enough so it doesn’t cause you to sweat buckets while you’re riding, and if you can easy fold it up and pop it in your bag – or even your pocket – well, that’s just a bonus.
Below I’ve picked out five of the best waterproof cycling jackets under £50 that are lightweight and can easily be carried around with you.
With over 250 Amazon ratings averaging 4.5 stars, the Regatta Pack-It Jacket is a very popular waterproof jacket, and rightly so.
There’s no thrills to this jacket. It gets the basics done, and gets them spot on. Made from Isolite lightweight polyester fabric, this Regatta jacket is superlight (249g), waterproof, wind resistant and easy to stow away.
Regatta’s waterproof jacket also includes a shockcord hood along with two front pockets with hook and loop fastenings.
The simple design is executed superbly and is more than suitable on and off the bike. There’s also an excellent matching waterproof over trouser from Regatta too.
Like many similar products on Amazon, the pricing structure for this jacket is pretty complicated, with the cost dependent on size and colour preference. The ‘Navy/Magma’ colour option tends to be the most expensive, while the plain Navy, Bayleaf and Black options are all at the bottom end of the scale, available for around a very reasonable £12.
There is also a women’s version of this jacket which features the same functionality.
- Waterproof and breathable Isolite 5000 lightweight polyamide fabric
- Breathability rating 5,000g/m2/24hrs
- Durable water repellent finish
Weighing in a little heavier than the Regatta Pack-It jacket at 299g, the Mac in a Sac is none the less a very good waterproof jacket – and one that comes in a whole wealth of colours (12 no less).
A concealed hood is a big bonus on this jacket, while the two zipped front pockets are also very welcome.
The Mac in a Sac is waterproof, windproof and also features back venting to improve breathability. It also includes its own packaway bag to make storage extra easy.
Pricing again fluctuates on this jacket, with the largest and smallest sizes available for bargain prices (around £10) while the ever-common medium is more costly at around £20-25 – which is still by no means bad.
Easily stowed away in the mesh pocket that comes included, the Trespass Packet jacket is windproof, waterproof, boasts taped seams to prevent any leaks, and elasticated cuffs.
The Tresspass jacket is a great all-rounder and emergency shelter during wet rides.
The Praline colour is the most expensive in the range, while the other colours, in particular black, are markedly cheaper.
- Adjustable grown on hood
- Full length internal front storm flap
- Two zip pockets with full elasticated cuffs
Available in a huge selection of colours, this waterproof packaway jacket from Higherlander is a greay all round jacket for cycling
This lightweight jacket has a nylon outershell, as well as a mesh-lined peaked hood, a zip up chin guard for full protection as well as two great zipped front pockets
- WATERPROOF PACKAWAY JACKET; Made with a nylon outer shell; our lightweight windproof raincoat offers great protection against the elements in the great outdoors
- PACKABLE INTO ITS OWN CARRY BAG; the Stow & Go mac can go with you even when space is at a premium or you simply don’t want to carry around bulky waterproofs
- MESH LINED PEAKED HOOD AND ZIP UP CHIN GUARD; Our Stow & Go “pac a mac” will help keep you protected from the wind and rain whether you’re walking in the park, hiking on the hills or just...
Discover More Winter Cycling Gear
- Best Winter Gloves
- Best Waterproof Overtrousers
- Best Cycling Face Masks
- Best Waterproofing Sprays for Clothes
- Best Winter Cycling Socks
- 51 Gift Ideas for Cyclists
- Find Your Perfect Bike (in under 10 Seconds)
- Honbike Uni4 Review: Long-Range Belt-Driven E-Bike Tested - February 5, 2023
- PROVIZ REFLECT360 Waterproof Cycling Gloves [Review] - January 30, 2023
- Impenetrable: The Best Cycling Waterproofs for Stylish Commuters - January 13, 2023