With the cold snap of winter now well and truly upon us, there’s never been a better time to buy a cycling neck warmer if you’re regularly out on your bike.
An invaluable item of clothing for cyclists, they offer another strong, sturdy layer of protection against the weather, and can keep your neck, chin, nose, cheeks and ears nice and toasty (depending on how high up choose to wear yours, of course).
Not only that, but if you wear it over your mouth, it will protect your lungs by adding another breathable membrane which will minimise the impact of the freezing air.
Here are five of our favourites, including the sports snood, the cycling Buff snood and the more traditional neck warmer, all available for highly affordable prices:
Top 5: Cycling Face Masks + Snoods
Best Cycling Neckwarmers, Snoods and Face Masks
Available in four colours (black, blue, pink and red), the Respro Techno Mask is the ideal anti-pollution mask for cyclists, providing filtration protection against the most common pollutants and dusts an urban cyclist is likely to face thanks to it’s HepA-type filter.
It’s made from hypo-allergenic Neoprene and so it comfortble and secure in fit.
- Made from a fully breathable 4-way technical stretch fabric
- Easy Velcro fastening
- Formable metal nose clip
- Made from 100 per cent natural merino wool, which will keep you warm in cold conditions and limits moisture to keep you cool.
- Its natural fabric is extremely soft and odour and water-resistant, so you will stay fresh and dry while wearing this, too.
- Seamless stitching to reduce irritation (e.g. from chaffing), but won’t lose its shape or durability, either.
Whether bought in black, plum or cru, this classic Buff neckwarmer also has plenty of different uses, including as a face mask, balaclava or as a simple scarf.
- Wide range of wearing styles and possibilities. Enjoy versatility and freedom in one product.
- UltraStretch technology: highly stretchable product designed for top comfort and performance.
- Protect yourself against the ultraviolet radiations from the sun. Designed for best protection in sunny environments.
- Comprised of headbands, bandanas, balaclavas and more, making them ideal for much more than just riding your bike. They can also be folded in numerous ways to become head wraps or headbands, depending on what sort of protection from the cold you prefer.
- Offer great comfort, breathability and can stretch a fair amount due to their seamless, microfibre polyester design.
- Can fit most neck sizes (measures roughly 25 cm x 50 cm, weighs about 180g).
For a bargain set of six pieces of headwear, available in 29 different designs, this selection from YouGa offers exceptional value for money.
- ✔ MEASUREMENT: 6Pcs as Shown in the image.One size fits all adults.(app 25 cm x 50 cm) weight app180g, special package shipping, allowing you to better save your product, and the package can be used...
- ✔ MULTIFUNCTION：Use these as headband, bandana, wristband, hat, balaclava, headwrap, neck warmer etc.. The Headband is a high-performance, It can be used as 12+ Ways for your adventures and daily...
- ✔ COMFORTABLE: Made of microfiber polyester ,breathability, stretchy, and comfortable.There is no sewing at the end,to mask sure the same elasticity with the body.It's naturally rolling up when you...
- Its adjustable nose strip and elastic closure minimises air leakage and enhances its level of comfort.
- Unlike other carbon-based pollution masks with replaceable filters, this designs is ready to be used straight away as a result of its integrated PM2.5 nanofibre filter.
- Offers great breathability thanks to its hand-washable cotton and nanofibre membrane, which also makes it a far more durable product, too.
A more advanced piece of kit for a little extra in cost, this anti-pollution, one-size-fits-all scarf from Face Guard offers protection from smog, dust, and allergens, as well as simultaneously keeping your neck warm when cycling in low temperatures.
- INTEGRATED AIR FILTER: Tube scarf with integrated nanofiber filter. Filters 99.5% of PM0.1 and 99.9% of PM2.5
- Protection from pollution, smog, dust, allergens, pollen.
- Washable and reusable up to 50 washes
An especially soft, four-way-stretch, reverse micro-fleece with a seamless collar edge, you could keep your neck warm whatever the weather for a snip at just £9.18 with this Alpinestars design.
- Stretchable to allow for a more comfortable fit.
- One-size-fits-all design.
- Moisture wicking for comfort
- Stretches for a comfortable fit
- Ideal for protecting against wind-chill
Discover More Winter Cycling Gear
- Best Packable Waterproof Jackets
- Best Winter Gloves
- Best Waterproof Overtrousers
- Best Cycling Face Masks
- Best Waterproofing Sprays for Clothes
- Best Winter Cycling Socks
- 51 Gift Ideas for Cyclists
- Find Your Perfect Bike (in under 10 Seconds)
- Are Electric Bikes More Likely to Get Stolen? [STATISTICS] - June 18, 2022
- Helly Hansen Men’s Ride Hooded Cycling Rain Jacket [Review] - June 5, 2022
- Discerning Cyclist Exclusive: 15% OFF AT DUER - May 14, 2022