COMPETITION to Win Stylish Cycling Accessories from Saddle & Spoke!

Cleverhood CapeSaddle & Spoke are a new online shop collating and selling some very stylish accessories for the discerning cyclist and what better than for the Discerning Cyclist to pull together a little showcase of some of their lovely pieces, which are perfect for that upcoming festive event at the tail end of December.

Competition Time!

Plus! Saddle & Spoke are very kindly giving away a Crane Copper Suzu Bike Bell, exclusively to the Discerning Cyclist visitors! To be in with a chance of winning, simply leave a comment on this post about your favourite cycling accessories!

We’ll be choosing one winner and the deadline for entries is Friday 7th December 2012. Good luck to all who enter, this is also the Discerning Cyclist’s first competition so we’re chuffed about that and we’d like to say a big thank you to Saddle & Spoke for making it happen!

*COMPETITION NOW CLOSED*

Bicycle greetings card by Naomi Ryder – £2.50

Bicycle greetings card

Cleverhood Rain Cape – £155

Cleverhood Cape Cycling

24 Responses

1. Ria Knol says:

I love the felt saddle bag, very stylish. My own favourite cycling accessory is a little LED flexi front light, I can take it off and pop it in my handbag and can also attach it to my jacket when out jogging!

2. Another vote for the felt saddle bag, it is a beaut. My favourite cycling accessories are ones that are functional but also reflect my personal style. I normally favour bright colours and bold patterns – not only fun but keep you pretty visible too!

Congrats on your first comp!

3. ian Salkey says:

I like my gelpad- is that what it’s called- which goes over the saddle- nice and comfy for those lucky enough to have a bony bum 🙂

4. Thanks for the comments guys 🙂 Best of luck to you!

@Roo – thanks boss. Very excited! Feel like a proper blog now 🙂

5. Love the Crane Cooper Suzu Bike Bell, so old school its almost Steampunk in design. 😀

6. Joel Levitt says:

All of the products above look great! my favourite accessory is a Topeak waterproof top tube bag. Seems to hold everything from keys, gels, phone and it stays dry even in the heaviest shower.

7. Liz Almond says:

My favourite accessory has to be my merino buff scarf – it’s light and doesn’t take up much room in a bag, and in cold weather it does an excellent job of keeping my ears warm!

8. Saddle & Spoke says:

Hey guys, thanks for all your reply comments so far, and pleased to hear you like our products! good luck in the competition 🙂 S&S

9. Jamie McLeod says:

I like the bike hook thing (bit pricey though)

10. Saddle & Spoke says:

Hi Jamie – there’s 10% off currently on the site for all products until 24th Dec if you are interested in the Hood wall mounted storage solution 🙂

11. My favourite must be my appallingly expensive Gilles Berthoud handlebar bag. The panniers above would go nicely with it if they were blue. My favourite here though must be the cape.

12. Well congrats Ste – the site is looking brill!

Without doubt the best looking product in that range is the felt saddle bag…nice to see a brave and unique move in regards the materials used in cycling products!

My favourite accessory is, rather boringly, my Endura BaaBaa Merino arm warmers. They’re silly comfy and such a versatile product and also one of the comfiest merino garments I’ve had the pleasure to try!

Keep up the great work.

• Thanks very much Niall. Most kind of you to say.

Arm warmers I’m starting to like. A review coming soon of some on this very website! Very useful so not boring at all 🙂

Good luck with the competition

Ste

13. Louisa says:

Deja Vu! I just saw the Paris Pannier on Etsy and really liked it! Not easy to find a bag that can hold your laptop and a spare change of shoes etc. I usually have to throw a rucksack on my back which isn’t great for summer.

Definitely loving the Pannier! It’s pricey but the quality looks good. Fair deal 🙂

14. All my favourite cycling accessories are the ones that are good on and off the bicycle – the Endura Baa Baa Merino Skullcap has kept my head and ears warm when cycling and hiking for a number of years. My (iL) Soigneur musette goes everywhere with me – it has really gone from musette to manbag! Finally, another bag – handmade Belt Bag by Kyle @ D’emploi in Brooklyn. Good for the essentials! http://demploibrooklyn.com/tag/belt-bag/

15. Pat says:

My favourite accessory has to be rain cape. Seems to keep me dry this winter!

16. Andy Reeve says:

Love the look of that felt bag but wouldn’t want to see what happen be in the rain! My favourite accessory is my fast rider clip on bag

17. Clare Zdziebko says:

My favourite accessory is absolutly my baby seat on the back of my bike. Nothing is more fun than freewheeling down a hill to the squeels of excitement from a small child strapped on the back!

18. Stewart says:

That felt saddlebag is lovely but deep down I would love to wear a cape…

19. Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the comments. Competition is now closed.

Winner revealed very very soon!

Thanks everyone

Ste

20. Thanks again for all your comments, however there can only be 1 winner!
    Random Draw has just been made and the winner is…

Andy Reeve!!

Congratulations sir! If you can email the best address to send the bell to hello@thediscerningcyclist.co.uk and I’ll pass that onto Claire and she’ll get that sorted for you.

Ste