5 of the Best Gel Bike Seats for Commuters
If you’re in need of something a little more comfortable to sit on as you cycle to and from work, have you considered arguably the most comfortable bike seat there is – the padded bike seat/gel saddle?
With a gel bike seat, you’ll be able to adopt a more upright cycling position, while enjoying even more at ease than you ever did before. Best for commutes of short to medium distance, the gel cushioning moulds to your body shape to provide extreme comfort as you ride.
But what are the best and most comfortable of its kind currently on the market? Here’s five we picked out for you:
Available in either blue, green, black, or black with the addition of a tail light, this waterproof pad is the first we’d potentially say is the best bike saddle around – perfect for both men and women, and for both mountain bikes and road bikes.
- Easy to assemble, and comes with a complimentary mounting wrench, too.
- Three lighting modes if you buy it with the tail light, meaning that, even at night, it does a superb job of keeping both comfortable and visible.
- Even great for longer distances thanks to its double shock-absorbing rubber elastomer balls, high-density gel foam padding, and breathable PVC surface.
Again, this padded seat suits both genders and almost every main type of bicycle, and thanks to being made of memory foam, it is a leather bike seat boasting great elasticity yet also great softness.
- This is up there as the most comfortable bike saddle, thanks to both its memory foam and the dual spring on the underside, which absorbs the shock pressure, making the saddle even more pleasant and secure to sit on.
- The seat’s cavity helps keep it both dry and breathable, too, which helps give it a longer shelf life.
- Its surface is made of breathable PU leather, making it softer, more water-repellent, more slip-resistant and more wear-resistant than PVC leather, and making it another great choice for commuters travelling longer distances.
An extra-comfortable cover, this Zacro design is made from thick gel which only helps relieve any pains further while cycling, while the bicycle saddle itself is waterproof, too.
- Also great for longer cycles, the seat cover is made of durable silicone gel, and so is built to last longer than the average gel bike seat cover.
- Not only is it easy to mount on to your bike, but you can rely on the cover to stay in place and not re-adjust over time. It will also fit saddles of most sizes, too.
- Its waterproof seat cover means that your bike has extra protection should you find yourself braving the elements on your commute.
A wide bike saddle for those requiring a bit more room, this black bike seat cushion from Landnics is soft, smooth, high-elastic, wear-resistant, and scratch-resistant. Basically, it covers all of the essentials pretty well.
- Made of high-density punching foam, it allows for a more comfortable feel, as well as better protection for your hips, strong wear-resistance and excellent durability.
- It also offers more in the way of visibility, thanks to its reflective red strip design on the back of the soft bike seat, making it one of the better choices if you’re often cycling home in the dark at night.
- What’s more, its base of this big bike seat is made of rubber elastomer spring, for a more stable feel and more durable cushioning.
You can purchase this bike seat post in a number of different colours, including black, ‘all-black’, blue, or red, or you can buy the special ‘road bike seat’ – even better for commuters in urban areas. Last but not least on our list of contenders for best cycling saddle.
- This comfy bike seat comes with reflective patches; these can reflect surrounding lights to protect you when cycling in the dark.
- A hollow middle of the seat makes it more breathable, allowing you to shed more heat and sweat, which will no doubt especially come in handy if and when you’re cycling longer distances.
- Another great fit for men and women, the seat is filled with artificial Gel which, compared to plastic polymer, enhances your comfort by reducing 40 per cent of pressure towards your prostate and your sciatic region.
What Is The Best Bike Seat(s) For You On Your Commute? Let Us Know In The Comments…