First thing’s first, this post isn’t about ‘sporty cycling shoes’. Some may be useful for more than just cycling, but this list is the best ‘everyday’ city cycling shoes that you can wear casually, that look great and are also good for cycling in (usually due to the stiffer sole which makes pedalling more efficient).
The Problem with “Cycling Shoes”
With a few odd exceptions (as you’ll see on our list below), cycling shoes are not so-called ‘normal shoes’ that you would want to walk around in all day.
You’ll also need to make sure the cycling shoes you buy are absolutely perfect for you on your commute first, and you’ll also need clipless pedals to go with them. Which, of course, involves, you knowing how to change the pedals on your bike.
Where to Find Urban Cycling Shoes
Elsewhere, Chrome Industries, as listed below several times, offer a wide and superb selection of their own Chrome cycling shoes, made by and for dedicated cyclists passionate about their footwear.
So, whether it’s the best waterproof shoes you’re after, or a trendier look, here are five of our top picks for cycling shoes:
- An in-built rocker to only enhance your comfort while walking in them further.
- Great waterproof bike shoes, thanks to its four-layer breathable waterproof internal membrane.
- A skid-resistant contact rubber sole.
The low top shoe boasts an STI Foam Lite 1 insole for extra comfort while you pedal away, and also comes with a number of great environmental benefits, too.
- Made from both recycled plastic and rubber, reducing the impact on the planet as a consequence.
- With each pair purchased, Etnies have planted more than an incredible 1.8 million trees across the world.
- Also has a faux vulc cupsole for added comfort and a thinly-padded tongue and collar.
- The non-marking rubber outsole and the pedal-gripping tread helps to keep your feet firmly on its dirt-jump pedals.
- Tough sole and reinforced toe cop only add to its strong grip.
- Useful for commutes on rougher, bumpier ground as well as on smoother surfaces.
- Military grade nylon uppers which are 25 times stronger than canvas.
- Low profile toe box for caged riding.
- Nylon-reinforced sole.
- Military grade nylon uppers which are 25 time stronger than canvas.
- Lace garage to keep laces out of your chain ring.
- Easy, seamless fit and feel.
What Do You Think Are The Best Cycling Shoes For Commuting? Let Us Know In The Comments…
Find More Stylish Cycling Gear