If you’re looking for a convenient bag which offers quick and easy access while riding, handlebar bags for bikes are definitely the way you should be looking.
They offer you the ideal place for you to store the belongings you may or will need while cycling, such as a map, your phone or a small bicycle pump. Whether you’re embarking on a long, arduous journey on your bike or just popping to the shops quickly, the practicality of these bags cannot be understated.
What’s the Best Handlebar Bag?
NOTE: This page contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. This helps to keep the wheels of Discerning Cyclist turning.
Though an Ortlieb bar bag may be the obvious first port of call, here are five alternative recommendations of models of different shapes and sizes. Whether you’d prefer a more stylish, waterproof, big or small handlebar bag, or one built to provide plenty of storage, we’ll help you find the best handlebar bag to suit your needs:
Another more classy design, this green cycling pouch from Tourbon is made of rugged canvas and real leather, so you’ll certainly stand out from the crowd with this on your bike.
It fastens quickly and easily to your bicycle handlebars frame, and at a size of approximately 10.63″ x 2.17″ x 8.46″ and a weight of roughly 0.45kg, offers a great place to store valuables like your phone, keys or any tools you may need to take with you.
Don’t just think it’s limited to just being a bag for your handlebars, either. With a removable strap, you can also fasten it over one of your shoulders and it will work just as well.
- This Tourbon Bicycle Handlebar Bag is made of rugged canvas and genuine leather.
- With a removable shoulder strap, you can also use it as a shoulder bag
- Perfect for all the essentials such as phone, keys, tool etc.
A perfect fit for all types of bike, this BTR bicycle handlebar bag offers plenty of room, and comes with a touchscreen pocket on top of its lid, too.
Its three hook and loop straps with anti-slip backing enable you to attach it to your handlebars easily and safely, while its reinforced back and sides prevents wear and tear.
Aside from that, it also boasts a capacity of three litres, including as many external zipped pockets, with wipe clean material and tough zips keeping your possessions both clean and safe. And if that wasn’t enough, it also comes with an in-built front light loop and a detachable shoulder strap. If size is king to you, what more could you want?
- BTR Handlebar Bike Bag is a mini bike storage bag with a touchscreen pocket on top of the lid. Ideal for holding your navigation device to see your phone, GPS device or an actual map
- Touchscreen navigation pocket has a visible area to fit most smartphones & GPS devices and you can still use them through the touchscreen pocket
- Universal fit for all bicycles, 3 x hook & loop straps with anti slip backing to help you attach the bike bag to your handlebars easily & securely. Reinforced back & sides means it stays in shape!
Into something a bit more aesthetically pleasing? Then check out this trendy cycling handlebar bag, again suitable for all different types of bikes.
This neat bike front bag can easily be attached to most types of bikes and includes an adjustable waterproof bag (adjusts from 3 litres to 7 litres).
The handy zipper makes it easy to access items quickly, while the two soft straps on the top are great for sliding in a bottle or newspaper.
- 【Large capacity】- Adjustable waterproof bag, the capacity can be adjusted from 3L to 7L, and the maximum length is 50cm / 19.68 inches, can store your wallet, mobile phone, towel, gadgets, etc.
- 【100% Waterproof】- Made of nylon and TPU, the waterproof material keeps the inside of the bag dry, so it is no problem to use it in the rain.
- 【Versatile】- There are 2 soft straps on the top of the bag. You can put water bottles, newspapers, magazines on top. You can also DIY waterproof bag capacity, but the maximum diameter should be…
This handy small handlebar bag provides you with safe access to your phone, as well as providing a nice little space for you to store other bits and bobs.
The phone mount is stable and provides you with touch screen access to your phone, while protecting it from the elements.
And let’s not forget, too, that it’s a waterproof handlebar bag, so there’s no danger of the rain damaging your phone or any of your other belongings.
- 【UNIVERSAL BIKE PHONE HOLDER 】Handlebar Bag designed for cellphone size below 6 inch, like Apple iPhone XS / XR / XS MAX / X / 8 / 8 Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 6 Plus / 6S Plus / iPhone 6 6S / Samsung…
- 【UNIQUE DESIGN BIKE PHONE MOUNT】Clear TPU touch sensitive & Sun visor design , you can operable with over 90% sensitivity,6.0 inch screen can be placed,cover the sun board and waterproof zipper…
- 【EASY TO INSTALL & REMOVE】You can use paste straps to lock it in place when you find the position you like. When you want to remove it , just loosen the adjustable paste straps, no tools required.
But finally, if you want a really bulky model that has plenty of room to store your valuables, then this Topeak handlebar bag might just be what you’re looking for.
With an impressive capacity of up to five litres, this bag can hold a load of as much as 11 pounds, and has plenty of compartments, too. Whether you want to use its divided main compartment, front zip pocket, two side zip pockets, or its clear map pocket, there’s room for just about anything, here.
If that wasn’t enough to win you over, it also has its own shoulder strap, carry handle, a 3m reflective strip, a safety light clip, and a rain cover. It’s pricier at £42.95, but you’ll no doubt find great value for money if storage is what you’re most keen on.
- Capacity: 5 L / 305 ci; Max
- Load: 5 kgs / 11 lbs; Protection: Fully Padded; * 3M is a registered trademark of 3M Company
- Compartments: Divided Main Compartment, Front Zip Pocket, Two Side Zip Pockets, Clear Map Pocket; Bag Attachment: QuickClick (Fixer 8)
Whether It Be An Ortlieb Handlebar Bag, Or Any Other Designer, Let Us Know In The Comments Which Model You Use…