4 of the Best Folding Bike Locks
Tired of typical U-locks or chains to keep your bike safe when leaving it unattended? If so, then a foldable bike lock might just be your way forward.
Made from metal plates, connected by rivets, the plates inside a folding lock rotate, so it lock can be shaped around all sorts of things and then folded down so it’s easy to carry when you get back on your bike again later.
That’s the main advantage of folding bike locks, really; they’re incredibly compact, and so are easy and practical to transport.
How Strong Are Folding Bike Locks?
Pretty strong. They’re among the more durable range of bike locks, and don’t suffer from wear and tear easily. Not only that, but they also are light bike lock in comparison to most typical U-locks which offer a similar level of protection, and are much lighter than chains.
Below, we’ll look at four of the best locks for bikes in this category:
Available in either black, white or red, this ABUS folding lock is particularly ideal to keep bicycles of the highest quality safe from thieves. If you can afford the extra cost, you’ll no doubt find value for money.
- Its 5.5 mm steel bars with extra-soft, two-component coating prevents damage to your bike’s paintwork
- Colour-matching silicone cover for the body of this high security bike lock with ‘soft touch’ properties
- Its link construction, of course, provides you with a compact folding device
Alternatively, for the best budget bike lock, look no further than this Kryptonite model for a bargain £22.99.
- 3mm hardened steel links allow for moderate security lock-ups
- Transport bracket is particularly simple to install
- If you misplace your key, don’t worry – it comes with a handy spare
Or, for an especially lightweight cycle lock, this FOLDYLOCK design, available in either black, blue, grey, orange or yellow, weighs just 2.2lb, and unfolds to 85cm.
- Its compact design makes it noticeably easy to carry around with you, so you will never feel weighed down by it while cycling
- The lock is made from steel links specifically to be stronger and more robust than the average bike lock to put you even more at ease when locking your bike up
- It can serve all sorts of cycling needs – whether you’re a commuter, a mountain biker, or you own a foldable bike, a road bike, or a children’s bike, for instance, this lock is perfect for all types of bicycle.
Finally, this foldable lock for Qweidown gives you no reason to worry about leaving your key behind – because it doesn’t even need one. Perhaps the best combination bike lock you could find, just remember your four-digit password and you’re all set.
- It’s an enormous deterrent to thieves, thanks to its eight heavy-duty steel bars and links designed to fend off bolt cutters and hacksaws.
- The links that make the fold lock are coated with PVC premium scratch-resistant paint, so no need to worry about potential dents to it, either.
- It’s another lightweight, compact, and flexible foldable lock, which will feel both easy to fasten to your bike and comfortable to transport while cycling.
Which Folding Bike Lock Do You Use? Let Us Know In The Comments…