Any keen cyclist will know full well how essential a good pair of winter cycling gloves are when riding through those bleak, icy months. A solid pair will retain much of the warmth still in your fingers, and keep much of the wind out.
Your fingers are among the body parts that generally feel the cold the most, so if they’re insulating, breathable waterproof bike gloves, too, then all the better. Waterproof is another essential quality – of course, if any of your three contact points (hands, backside, feet) get soaked, it can make the rest of your ride a pretty damp (literally) experience.
Of course, you still want them to be flexible, given the onus placed on your hands while cycling to change gear, brake, or signal left and right, for example. Any gloves you buy need to ensure they don’t compromise your safety and still leave you feeling in total control of your bike – for that reason, models with a particularly strong grip will always come in handy.
Best Winter and Waterproof Gloves For Cycling
NOTE: This page contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. This helps to keep the wheels of Discerning Cyclist turning.
So, given how crucial winter cycling gloves are to any regular rider, here at Discerning Cyclist, we’ve picked out five of the best on the market this year (2020).
Whether you’re after a bargain or happy to pay that extra bit more, whether you want a pair that prioritises insulation or strong grip, all five of these are worth mulling over. Take a look:
Available in sizes small, medium, large or extra large, and colours black or hi-viz green, these gloves come with padded palms and will offer your thumbs and finger tips a reinforced grip. You’ll still always feel in total control of your bike with these on your hands.
As well as boasting a velcro function on your wrist to tighten them up, these are windproof, waterproof gloves lined with Thinsulate thermal insulation. So, not only will you maintain a strong grip, you’ll also maintain much of the heat in your fingers.
- Windproof and waterproof
- Thinsulate Thermal Insulation lined
- Padded Palms
These black cycling gloves come in five different sizes numbered five to nine and combine breathable polyester with durable water-repellent leather to help make them water-resistant and anti-skid (which will make maintaining your grip easier, too).
What’s more, its inner layers are coated with TPU material to add extra water-resistance, so the gloves will stay dry in rainy or snowy weather. With a soft, thick velvet lining, these gloves are not only reliable and durable, but also extremely warm and comfortable.
- WATERPROOF TREATMENT - The most Cycling gloves neither waterproof nor windproof. However, Unigear winter gloves specially combine the breathable polyester with durable water repellent and PU leather,...
- WARM AND COMFORTABLE OUT THERE - Designed with soft & thickened velvet liner, our outdoor gloves provide an excellent comfort and warmth. No protruding seams on liner to hurt your hands. The surface...
- Sensitive Touch Screen Function:The latest version has fingertips that support most touchscreen for SmartPhone and tablets on the market,you can use the smartphone without taking off gloves, the...
Whether in blue, black or green, medium, large, extra-large or extra-extra-large, these gel-padded gloves again offer great control of your bike, while its thermal lining will keep your hands nice and toasty throughout.
Meanwhile, its thumb and index finger compartments are made of touch-screen microfibre, hugely enhancing flexibility, and the fact that these gloves are reflective only increases your visibility while out on your bike.
- Shell Material: 60% nylon 40% polyurethane; Inner Material: polar fleece, insulate thermal lining and tear resistant. Gel Palm-Gel padding bicycle gloves enhance the grip and absorb vibrations for...
- Touchscreen Finger- the thumb and index fingers is made of touch screen microfiber, guaranteeing you using the smart phones flexibly without taking the gloves off
- Reflective Winter Long Fingered Gloves- the reflective element added to this windproof and waterproof winter cycling gloves greatly increase the visibility and safety while cycling skiing...
These gloves come in either black, green or grey and in small, medium, large or extra large, and are made of high-elastic microfibre making them soft, breathable and greatly comfortable.
They also feature touch-sensitive pads on the thumb and index finger, making using your smartphone while still wearing them much easier, and at the back and palm of the gloves there is an air-venting system which will prevent your hands from becoming too stuffy no matter how strenuous your bike ride.
- 🏁【ELASTICIZED MATERIAL】The Cycling Gloves is made of High Elastic Microfiber that are soft,breathable and anti-abrasive.The Gloves are Lightweight and Extremely Comfortable to Wear.
- 🏁【SHOCK-ABSORBING & ANTI-SLIP】Three pieces gel pad in different shapes are distributed at the bearing position of the palm Provide Powerful Shock Absorption Protection,Reduce Road Vibration and...
- 🏁【BREATHABLE & COMFORTABLE】The Back and Palm part of the Gloves are design with Air-venting System that is Permeable to Air and Perspiration,Avoiding Stuffiness of the Palm even in Vigorous...
Sure, this final recommendation may cost almost twice as much as any of the other four on the list. But there’s no doubt you’ll get your money’s worth with these gloves, available in either grey and black or just plain black and in small, medium, large, extra-large or extra-extra large.
These breathable, windproof gloves are 100 per cent waterproof, with a three-layer construction making them even warmer and more flexible, too. Its pre-curved design on the finger compartments also allow for greater control, as does the PU suede palm, which helps keep a strong grip and improves its durability.
- 100% WATERPROOF | BREATHABLE | WINDPROOF
- Waterproof - three layer construction for warmth, durability and waterproofing
- Dexterity - pre curved fingers for greater control
Which Waterproof/Winter Cycling Gloves Would You Recommend? Let Us Know In The Comments…