Resolute Bay NX5.2 Cycling Jeans – 40% off with Kickstarter
I’ve made no secret that I’m a big fan of Resolute Bay over the years.
They even ranked among my top 5 urban cycling brands despite still being a largely one-man operation (kudos, Chris Taylor).
And that’s because they make what I consider to be the world’s best cycling jeans – and have continuously improved on what was an already impressive design with each iteration.
However, like many bootstrapped start-ups, they have to turn to their community in order to manufacture their gear en-masse. And so, for the fourth time they’ve turned to Kickstarter in order to release a new product… the NX5.2 Cycling Jean.
This also provides backers with a unique opportunity to get a fantastic product for a discount price, with up to 40% the retail price if you order via Kickstarter.
Of course, you’ll need to wait a bit longer to get the jeans (whihc will be shipped in November), but you can secure yourself the best value pair of jeans you’re ever likely to get – with early birds able to pre-order the NX5.2 Jeans from just £50 (a 40% saving) on Kickstarter now.
The first 100 people to pre-order the NX5.2 will get 40% off, before a remaining 1000 pairs are available with 10% off. You can also get a bigger discount by order multiple pairs of jeans.
To be honest, though, even at their full £80 price tag, these jeans are really good value – so this is just an added bonus!
But don’t just take my word for it. Let’s see why Resolute Bay bike jeans aren’t to be missed…
NX5.2 Cycling Jeans: Features
- Reflective Detailing
- DWR Water Repellent Coating
- Articulated Knee Panels for Cycling
- Stretchy CORDURA Denim
- Hidden Side Seam Pocket (big enough for a phone)
- Reinforced Gusseted Crotch
As you can see from the list above, these jeans have basically every piece of cycling functionality you could possibly want. They are water-resistant, reflective, stretchy and fit perfectly for cycling.
They also look great.
They don’t look like bicycle jeans. They look like stylish everyday jeans.
Why Resolute Bay’s Jeans Are the Best
As I mentioned earlier, I’ve been testing out Resolute Bay’s jeans since they first came out in 2015.
And as well as all of the impressive functionality and nice style, they’re also really tough.
Indeed, below is a picture of the jeans I’d been wearing religiously for over two years before I sent that back to Chris so he examine how they’d worn throughout that time:
As you can see, although they’re obviously worn, these jeans still hadn’t blown out at the crotch or any seams. And I was wearing them (and cycling in them), like, all of the time.
Resolute Bay NX5 vs NX5.2
Unlike previous updates from Resolute Bay, the NX5.2 isn’t a complete redesign compared to the previous model (NX5).
Instead, Chris has made some tweaks to the design after feedback from the release of the NX5, including:
- The waistbands on the previous model came in too large on some sizes, so we have digitally tailored each size to ensure a perfect fit.
- Jeans are not measured in CM rather than inches in order to more accurately find correct sizes.
- We have added half sizes, so if you are in-between sizes, you can order a much better fit.
- The hidden side pocket zip jammed on approx 2% of the last batch and has been replaced by a much stronger metal YKK zipper in order to eradicate this problem entirely
- This version has a classic gold thread topstitch.
Get up to 40% off Resolute Bay NS5.2 Jeans
Anyway, Resolute Bay’s NX5.2 Jeans are now available with up to 40% off at Kickstarter now, with the campaign ending on 26th June 2021, with the jeans being delivered in November.
If you’re in a rush to get your jeans, though, you can still order the NX5 Jeans for immediate arrival.
- What Are Fat Bikes? [Pros + Cons Explained] - August 22, 2021
- What to Wear When Cycling to Work [Best Bike Commuter Clothes Guide] - June 20, 2021
- Quad Lock Brompton Phone Bike Mount [Review] - June 17, 2021