Win a £2,800 Cycling Holiday When You Cycle to Work on 13th September
Cycle to Work Day, organised by Cyclescheme, is back for 2017 and is bigger and better than ever.
This is the fifth annual Cycle to Work Day in the UK and if you pledge to ride to work on Wednesday 13th September 2017, you’ll automatically be entered into a prize draw, which has prizes including:
- Cycling Holiday for two in Spain– RRP £2,800
- Showers Pass bundle– RRP £594
- Rapha clothing & accessories – RRP £500
- Cycliq Fly12 – RRP 2 x £275
- Muc-Off Ultimate Cleaning Bundle– RRP £267
- SeeSense ICON+ light set– RRP £149.99
- Cycle Republic Gold bike service– RRP 5 x £100
- Blaze Laserlight and Burner set– RRP £174
- Cycliq Fly6 – RRP 2 x £119
- Cycl WingLights– RRP 3 x £26.99
- Winston bag from Hill & Ellis– £220
Last year, 673,438 miles were pledged by more than 45,000 cyclists. That’s a distance equal to going around the world 27 times, enough calories burned to complete over 164 Tour de France races, and enough CO2 saved that equated to 19 return flights from London to Sydney.
What is Cycle to Work Day?
As its named suggests, Cycle to Work Day is all about getting as many people as possible to ride a bicycle to work. It doesn’t matter if you’re a regular commuter on two wheels or if it’s your first time, simply pledge to ride to work on 13th September and then go ahead and ride! It’s all about spreading the good bicycle word.
What Can You Do?
First things first, pledge how many miles you’re planning on cycling to work that day. As soon as you do that, you’ll be entered into the prize draw.
It’s not just employees that can pledge either, employers can too, while retailers can pledge to give Free Bike Health Checks on 13th September!
If you want to go further and help spread the word, you can download flyers from the website that can be printed out and stuck up in the office – or wherever you like. There’s also a bunch of social media assets that you can share on your feeds.
You can also invite your friends and employer to take part with these links on the Cycle to Work website.
Do you cycle to work? Comment below with why you do. And, if you don’t, what puts you off?
- What to Wear When Cycling to Work [Best Bike Commuter Clothes Guide] - June 20, 2021
- Quad Lock Brompton Phone Bike Mount [Review] - June 17, 2021
- Did “Bicycle Face” Really Stop Women from Cycling? - June 17, 2021