The 5 Best Cycling Snoods, Buffs and Neck Warmers
With the cold snap of winter now well and truly upon us, there’s never been a better time to buy a cycling neck warmer if you’re regularly out on your bike.
An invaluable item of clothing for cyclists, they offer another strong, sturdy layer of protection against the weather, and can keep your neck, chin, nose, cheeks and ears nice and toasty (depending on how high up choose to wear yours, of course).
Not only that, but if you wear it over your mouth, it will protect your lungs by adding another breathable membrane which will minimise the impact of the freezing air.
Here are five of our favourites, including the sports snood, the cycling Buff snood and the more traditional neck warmer, all available for highly affordable prices:
Available in 14 different colours, this design from Buff is the perfect multi-purpose neck warmer. Not only is it ideal for protecting against the cold for many more outdoor activities than just cycling, it can also fit most neck sizes, too.
- Offers a sun protection of UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) 50+.
- Completely seamless design.
- Made from recycled polyester.
Whether bought in black, plum or cru, this more classic model from Buff also has plenty of different uses, including as a neck warmer, balaclava or as a simple scarf.
- Made from 100 per cent natural merino wool, which will keep you warm in cold conditions and limits moisture to keep you cool.
- Its natural fabric is extremely soft and odour and water-resistant, so you will stay fresh and dry while wearing this, too.
- Seamless stitching to reduce irritation (e.g. from chaffing), but won’t lose its shape or durability, either.
For a bargain set of six pieces of headwear, available in 29 different designs, this selection from YouGa offers exceptional value for money.
- Comprised of headbands, bandanas, balaclavas and more, making them ideal for much more than just riding your bike. They can also be folded in numerous ways to become head wraps or headbands, depending on what sort of protection from the cold you prefer.
- Offer great comfort, breathability and can stretch a fair amount due to their seamless, microfibre polyester design.
- Can fit most neck sizes (measures roughly 25 cm x 50 cm, weighs about 180g).
A more advanced piece of kit for a little extra in cost, this anti-pollution, one-size-fits-all scarf from Face Guard offers protection from smog, dust, and allergens, as well as simultaneously keeping your neck warm when cycling in low temperatures.
- Its adjustable nose strip and elastic closure minimises air leakage and enhances its level of comfort.
- Unlike other carbon-based pollution masks with replaceable filters, this designs is ready to be used straight away as a result of its integrated PM2.5 nanofibre filter.
- Offers great breathability thanks to its hand-washable cotton and nanofibre membrane, which also makes it a far more durable product, too.
An especially soft, four-way-stretch, reverse micro-fleece with a seamless collar edge, you could keep your neck warm whatever the weather for a snip at just £9.18 with this Alpinestars design.
- Stretchable to allow for a more comfortable fit.
- One-size-fits-all design.
What Is Your Favourite Cycling Snood, Buff Or Neck Warmer To Wear? Let Us Know In The Comments…